Sunday, February 6, 2011

Some Instruments I've Built


I mostly like to make drums, but I've dabbled in a few other instruments. Here's an electric guitar I built one afternoon. It has a cable attached to it that goes straight to the pickup so it's always at full volume.




We were going to jam with some friends but didn't have an extra guitar. Problem solved! I think this cost me about $6.50 for the humbucker pickup on Ebay. The rest was scrap metal and wood and an old neck I found. It really sounds pretty nice. In good weather it can stay in tune for an entire song.



I made this bass out of bits and pieces. It has a real bridge and even volume and tone controls. Some kids at the School of Groove said it looked "ill" which I'm told was a compliment.



I took some left over brass pipe from a plumbing job I was working on and made it into this trombone.





I threw this grand piano together out of scrap lumber and lots of rubber bands that the postman leaves on the sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment