Thursday, January 6, 2011

Charlie Watts' Drums


Here's a full kit that I built from Keller Vintage Maple Shells. They're six ply maple and poplar with reinforcement rings.






I put Remo Ambassadors on top and bottom. I like to put matching heads on so they resonate well together. My assistant Sydney almost bolted the head on while I was still tightening the lug screws!




I made a custom SIH bass drum port. Might need some help getting out of here.




Charlie and Ringo came over to check out my latest kit. Imagine my surprise when Charlie notices an uncanny similarity to his own kit that he's played for years!



What a coincidence! Charlie stuck around and we jammed a bit. My drums sound as good, but Charlie plays better.

1 comment:

  1. hi great job on the drum shells,hope you dont mind tthe question but how and what did you use to get the finish colour or shade,did you varnish or lacquer and how many coats did you have to do,only asking as i did the same job on some keller shells
    cheers
    tony

    ReplyDelete