Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Single-Ply Steam Bent Shell


Oh Yeah! Just got this beautiful new blank shell. Solid single-ply maple. Gotta check this thing out. Best of all it comes with packing peanuts!





Ouch! I'm getting a bit old for this. Let's see how it checks out.



Perfectly round.


Perfectly flat.


No layers of glue in this puppy.


No imperfections.


Perfectly square.


Nice consistent woody tone when suspended and tapped gently.



I could almost eat this thing! Num Num Num.


Okay back to work. I'll cut the bearing edges and snare beds for this on Monday I hope.

3 comments:

  1. now I know what all those funny noises are that I hear in the kitchen every night! I'm glad you are enjoying your latest acquisition, sticking-in-hair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS how do you manage to disappear after each peanut dive? I think that's more remarkable than your still being able to peanut-dive at your age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to quantum tunnel through the floor.

    ReplyDelete